Testing Language Skill
The Certificate of Slovak Language proficiency
Institute of language and academic preparation for foreigner and compatriots (ILAP) offers you the possibility to reach the certificate of Slovak language proficiency in six levels of language proficiency.
ILAP testing system is in accordance with the Council of Europe ́s Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
General abilities required at each level:
- Way stage or elementary (Council of Europe Framework Level A2)
Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e. g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment). Can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters. Can describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
- Pre-intermediate Level (Council of Europe Framework Level B1)
In order to reach this level of proficiency it is required to be able to take part in a simple dialogue, solve problem-oriented social situations, ask questions and answer them, express simple sentences and keep up the conversation. Vocabulary sufficient for expressing basic needs is required. About 300 to 400 hours of study are required to reach this level.
- Intermediate Level (Council of Europe Framework Level B2)
In order to reach this level of proficiency it is required to be able to master basic communicative tasks and social situations, ask and answer questions, participate in conversation on a range of topics, make yourself understood in majority of life situations. This level is recognized for study programs taught in the Slovak language by Slovak universities. It requires 700 -800 hours of study to reach this level.
- Upper-intermediate Level (Council of Europe Framework Level C1)
In order to reach this level of proficiency it is required to be able to master everyday situations /e.g. at school, at work/, complicated tasks and social situations including the ability of detailed description of events. About 1000 to 1200 hours of study are required to reach this level.
- Advanced Level (Council of Europe Framework Level C2)
In order to reach this level of proficiency it is required to be able to communicate fluently in professional life, keep up both formal or casual conversation on practical, social, professional and abstract topics, demonstrate a level that is near to a native speaker ́s level of competence.
24.-25. September 2019
12.-13. November 2019
25.-26. February 2020
14.-15. April 2020
02.-03. June 2020
80 EUR for students of UJOP (ILAP)
Consultation for assessment of current language skill: 20 EUR
How to register
- An application form for the exam can be found Enrollment Form (.doc file). Complete it and send to:
Mgr. Klaudia Báčkaiová
Tel.:++421 2 54 41 03 77
Fax:++421 2 54 41 09 02
Comenius University in Bratislava
Centre for Continuing Education
Unit for language and preparatory studies
Institute of language and academic preparation for foreigners and compatriots
10 Žižková Street
811 02 Bratislava
The application must be sent at least two weeks before the test date. Applicants for a TJK certificate who submit an application at a later date may not be approved for the given test date.
- After receiving the Application form we will send you a confirmation with complete information on holding the exam (time, venue, the way of payment for the exam fee, etc.).
- As it is required in the Application form to state the level of proficiency you wish to pass, ILAP offers you consultancy lessons before taking an exam for extra fee (personally or via skype). They might be helpful for estimating your present level of Slovak language proficiencyas well as your abilities to pass an exam. Participants of ILAP Slovak language programswill be informed by their teacher.
- You will be informed about the results of the passed exam within 30 days.