Language and Academic Preparation before University Studies in Slovak Language
Due to organizational changes, the application for this programme will be available from 19th April 2021.
September 2, 2021 - June 30, 2022
Winter term: 02.09.2021 - 31.01.2022
|Venue||Comenius University in Bratislava|
811 02 Bratislava
|Goal of the Programme||Receiving a Slovak language proficiency to communicate in the Slovak surroundings; acquiring Slovak terminology, possibly completing specialized knowledge in the range of subjects, which will be the focus of his/her further university studies.|
|Language of Instruction||Slovak|
Study groups are formed according to the following fields of study:
Program starts with 5-week intensive Slovak language course.
|Tuition Fee||3 850 €|
Registration fee: 50 € (non-refundable)
The price applies only to 15 participants in one group.
Deadline for citizens of countries outside the European Higher Education Area: from March 1 until May 30, 2021.
Deadline for citizens of the European Higher Education Area, USA and Canada: from March 1 until June 15, 2021.
Deadline for applicants with valid residence stay permit at territory of Slovak republic, for foreigners with Slovak passport and EÚ citizens: from March 1 until August 15, 2021.
Applications after this date will be considered individually.
- Scan of the identification page in passport (page with photo and information about validity)
- Scan of education documents (in case the applicant is in their last year of highschool, a confirmation of school attendance with a date of the last exam)
- CV in format .pdf or .jpg - we accept CV in form of Europass, it needs to be hand-signed
note: Form to fill in the CV as Europass
Applicant younger than 18 years:
- All of the documents mentioned above (scan of passport, scan of education documents, hand-signed CV)
- Scan of tutor's ID card (Tutor - person older than 18 with permanent residence/residence stay permit living in Slovakia, who takes up responsibility for the applicant, up until applicant's 18th birthday
- Scan of full attorney between applicant's parents and tutor
- Recommendation from teachers
- Certificate of language skills or other specific skills
We accept only the first application for study for academic year 2020/2021.
Please fill in the application in detail and truthfully. Every information is important.
Adding additional information into the application is not possible.
Don’t forget to write the email address that is yours, active and actively used, and that you will be actively using during the whole academic year 2020/2021.
In case you have problems with filling in the application }technical difficulties|, contact the Study department ÚJOP CĎV UK at ujopcdv.uniba.sk
Applicants, who are 18 years old and above are required to fill in the application by themselves and comunicate with the Study department directly, without the assistance of another person.
Applicants, who are under 18 years of age can use help of their tutor to fill in the application.
1. What is the length of tuition?
The Academic year begins on September 1, and ends on August 31. The tuition takes place from September to May. Winter term exams take place during the last two weeks in January, Summer term exams take place during the last two weeks in May. June is reserved for re-take exams, individual preparation for entrance exams and university entrance exams.
2. How much is the tuition fee?
There is a 50 € non-refundable registration fee for application processing, the tuition fee for the programme (10 months) is 3850 €.
3. Will I receive a certificate after completion of this programme? What level of Slovak language will be on this document?
Student will receive the final certificate after completion of all their exams. The Slovak language final exam is from level B2. The final certificate will also contain the marks from other subjects, which depend on their chosen field of study. Some faculties of University in Slovak republic require this certificate of completion of programme of Language and academic preparation before university studies in Slovak language.
4. Is the knowledge of Slovak, English or other language expected before the start of study?
No, our students learn Slovak language from level A1 – complete beginner, up to level B2. First 5 weeks of tuition is only intensive Slovak language lessons. The students begin studying academic subjects from the second half of October.
5. What is the price of books? Are they available for purchase also in bookshops?
The price of books is not a part of the tuition fee. Students buy the books continuously during the year, the price of the books of Slovak language overall is approximately 100 €, the books of academic subjects is 30-50 €. The books can be bought only at our Study department, or on our website. They are not available in bookshops.
6. In which areas and subjects are students preparing for entrance exams?
Medicine/Biology: Slovak language, Biology, Chemistry, Physics (only in Winter term),
Economics: Slovak language, English language, Mathematics, Introduction to Economy, Logic,
Humanities (depends on focus of studies): Slovak language, History, Social science, according the chosen field – Logic, English language, Literature,
Technics: Slovak language, Mathematics, Physics, Informatics, Geometry.
7. Is it possible to pay for the programme in installments?
No, it is not possible.
8. Is it possible to begin studies also during the Summer term?
Students are required to begin their study in month September (1. – 30.9.). In case they are unable to begin their studies on time, they have the option to delay their studies until next academic year, or to ask for refund.
9. What is the fee, if I ask for refund of the tuition fee (refusal of visa/residence stay permit, not being able to begin study in September)?
The storno fee is 10% from the paid amount of tuition fee. Registration fee 50 € is non-refundable.
10. When does the tuition take place?
Every day (Monday to Friday) from 8:30 to 13:30, some day to 15:10, or to 16:50
11. Is it possible to work while studying?
The main responsibility of students in the preparatory programme is to study. We throughly check the attendance, where the allowed absence for the monitored period is 20%. Students can work part-time in their free time (only a certain amout of hours a week), not during tuition.
12. What is the validity of „Residence stay permit for education purposes“?
Until the end of academic year, that is until August 31, after acceptance to University (in Summer), it is necessary to prolong the validity of the permit at the Foreign police in Slovak republic.
13. Can you provide accommodation?
Yes, the accommodation is possible in atrium houses at dormitory Mlyny UK (Staré Grunty 36). It is necessary to pay 500 € beforehand, which is used for monthly payment for accommodation, which depends on the type of room (100 € 3 bed room per month. 130 € 1 bed room per month).
Communal rooms: kitchen, toilets, bathrooms.
14. What is the deadline for translation of education documents?
We require for the documents to have Aposttile or for them to be superlegalized for enrollment in September. Translation into Slovak language needs to be done by the end of October.
15. Do you provide assistance with nostrification and applications for further university studies?
Yes, the assistance is free, we advise our students on how to apply for recognition of education documents and how to correctly fill in university application.
16. Can student apply to more universities/programmes?
Yes, it is recommended. In case the student is not admitted to preferred university/programme, there is always possibility of being admitted to other university/programme, as the student applied to more universities/programmes.
17. When is the enrollment day?
The enrollment takes place during the first week of September. In special and justified cases the enrollment is possible until September 30. It is not possible to enroll after this date. Student has the option of postponing his studies until next academic year, or for a refund (there is a storno fee).
18. What documents are required for the enrollment in September?
In case student doesn’t submit all necessary documents, they will not be enrolled for study:
• valid passport with type D visa, or confirmation of submitted residence stay permit application at Foreign police or Slovak Embassy abroad, or valid residence stay permit card, or ID card of EU citizen,
• criminal record from home country + from a country where student lived for the last 3 years more than 90 days + from any country where student has citizenship,
• education document (highest achieved education) with aposttile or superlegalization,
• confirmation from a doctor from home country not older than 30 days (in Slovak or English language),
• confirmation of accommodation in Slovakia.
Student will be signing the following documents at enrollment
• Contract terms,
• you confirm with your signature, that you read and understood the Study and Exam rules and regulations of ÚJOP CĎV UK Bratislava (student will receive link for the website with Study and exam rules and regulations in email with pre-arrival information).
19. Who can students turn to in case of problems relevant to studies?
They can turn to Study department ÚJOP CĎV UK Bratislava, Žižkova 10, 2nd floor. Via email any time, personally – during office hours (can be found on our website): https://cdv.uniba.sk/en/ilps/contacts/